Born in Buenos Aires, Polo Piatti was a child prodigy. He started piano lessons at the age of 4 and became a successful concert pianist in his youth. He was admitted at the exceptionally young age of 12 to one of South-America's most prestigious music academies, the Conservatorio Nacional Superior de Música Carlos Lopez Buchardo in Argentina, graduating later with distinction as Profesor Nacional de Música.
Leaving Argentina to pursue an international career from an early age, he continued his studies in Paris and Berlin, moving later to London to work as a composer, concert pianist and conductor.
A celebrated neo-romantic composer, Piatti's compositions are widely performed and loved for being highly emotional, evocative and passionate. He has written, produced, orchestrated and arranged music for the concert hall, theatre plays, art films, dance productions and art installations.
In 2012 he founded and directed the first ever International Composers Festival in Hastings, Great Britain, with the aim to bring together composers and musicians from all over the world to showcase new classical music that is tuneful, harmonious and universally appealing. In the same year he also founded Hastings' longest established orchestra, the Hastings Sinfonia remaining its Artistic Director until today.
Polo Piatti has recently completed two of his largest works to-date, the first ever commissioned Multi-Faith Oratorio 'Libera Nos', as well as his 'Bohemian Concerto for Piano & Orchestra', to be world-premiered by virtuoso American pianist Thomas Pandolfi with the Symphonicity Orchestra under the baton of renowned maestro Daniel W. Boothe in Virginia Beach, USA, on October 13th, 2019.
Polo Piatti premiered his most successful orchestral suite Sentimental Journey in Osaka, Japan and then recorded it in the Czeck Republic with the world-renowned City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, conducting the orchestra himself from the piano. The result of that very special recording was released by Seafront Records and has become one of Piatti's most successful CD releases to-date.
In 2016 he was privately commissioned to compose a piece for Her Majesty The Queen, Elizabeth II, for her Diamond Jubilee celebrations. The result was 'Duty Sublime', a composition for full orchestra that is currently performed by numerous orchestras in the United Kingdom and around the world.
In 2017 Piatti founded the Opus Theatre, an iconic 700 seats concert hall in Hastings, with the intention to offer artistic events of the highest possible quality and at the same time, accessible to everyone. Recently finished his commissioned 'Old World Concerto for Violoncello and Orchestra'. Early this year he completed his latest commission, and his 'Christmas Concerto for Guitar and Orchestra', set to be premiered by virtuoso concert guitarist Sergio Puccini. Polo Piatti is published in the UK by Goodmusic Publishing Ltd and by VKD in Germany.
Presently, Polo Piatti is working on his very first large scale opera, as well as on several commissions by musicians, organisations and private individuals from around the world.
Piatti performs regularly at his ClassicUs events and talks in Hastings, UK, where he is joined by special guests to discuss the current state of music and the arts in general as well as presenting new works in a very informal and relaxed atmosphere.
ASSOCIATIONS & AWARDS
- Member | Royal Society Of Musicians
- Member | Performers Rights Society
- Member | British Music Council
- Member British Music Collection
- Member of the Ivors Academy (Professional)
- Professional Member of the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers & Authors (BASCA)
- Founder & Artistic Director | International Composers Festival
- Founder & Artistic Director | Hastings Sinfonia Orchestra | UK
- Founder & Artistic Director | Classicus Music
- Founder & General Director | Opus Theatre | UK
- Patron | Hastings Tango Club | UK
- Patron | Brownbread Horse Rescue, Battle | UK
- Committee Mmber | Hastings Winkle Club Charity | UK
- Winner | Arrow FM Gold Award for Services to Music and the Community | UK
- First Prize | Best Young Pianist | Conservatorio Grassi | Buenos Aires | Argentina
- Winner | Yearly Sponsorship For The Arts | Landes-Wurttemberg Bank | Germany
- Winner South Germany Kleintheater Prize | Best Music for a Play | 'Peer Gynt' | Stuttgart | Germany
- Winner | Young Conductor Saccente Scholarship | Coral Femenino San Justo | Buenos Aires | Argentina
- International Who's Who in Music Classical Music | IBC | Cambridge | UK
- Composer In Residence |Forum Theatre | Stuttgart | Germany